I love snack mix. I love snacking but I specifically love snack mix. I used to buy snack mix from the store, eat everything I liked from the mix and then be done with it. This was silly. About that time, Chex brand cereal started to print the recipe for Chex Mix on the back of all of their boxes. So, I began making my own chex mix from their recipe. I soon realized I was still putting all of those things in the mix that I didn’t want! I was just following the recipe and still picking out all if the things that weren’t my fave.
By this time, I was older and wiser and incredibly more confident and independent so I decided to make snack mix with ONLY THE THINGS I WANT IN IT! Y’all… game changer!
Until now, I had never really written this recipe down. I had just made it and added a little more of this and that each time. I’m sure I will still do that because I always find different snacks that I want in the mix. But for your benefit, I created the actual recipe for Melissa Tate’s Homemade Snack Mix.
Oh, also, I recorded my first IGTV episode for this recipe! If you’re on Instagram, take a look at it! I’m sort of digging the IGTV!
Melissa Tate’s Homemade Snack MixCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
2 sticks butter
4 cups rice chex cereal
1 cup wheat chex cereal
1 bag premade snack mix of your choice, I prefer Gardetto’s
3 cups honey mustard & onion pretzel chunks
3 cups garlic rye chips
1 1/2 cups mixed nuts
1 cup praline pecans
- Seasoning Mix
5 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp A-1
1 Tbsp seasoning salt
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Melt butter in large roasting pan.
- While butter is melting, combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine Worcestershire sauce, A-1, seasoning salt, garlic powder and onion powder in small bowl and set aside.
- Remove melted butter from oven. Pour seasoning mixture into butter and stir until combined.
- Fold dry mix into roasting pan and stir until all ingredients are covered with butter and seasoning mixture.
- Bake on 250 degrees for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Prepare a large flat surface by covering it with several paper towels.
- After one hour, remove from oven and pour out onto paper towels in a thin, even layer. Let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Snack mix is ready! You can store mix in any tightly sealed container for up to 10 days.