What is life????? Y’all! I made this candy sushi years ago… I mean, we talking 10 years ago, maybe. Anyways, one of the teachers at the little kids school reached out and asked if I wanted to do a cooking video for Stallion TV, the weekly television program they send out to all of their students.
Of course I said yes!! I was trying to think of something fun and easy that kids could make… and I remembered Candy Sushi! Y’all. It’s junk food. But come on… we gotta let ourselves enjoy it sometimes. And also it looks like sushi… adorable.
Here is the video we made. The kids did AMAZING! We did this in one take!
And here is the recipe!
This is so fun for kids or to be used a themed birthday party!!!
Fruit by the Foot
Mike & Ike’s candy
Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
Any other candy you want!
- Cut Twinkies into 1/3’s (see picture). Trim ends so they lay flat. Eat the part you trimmed off!
- Cut a piece of Fruit by the Foot and wrap it around the Twinkie.
- Stuff cream filling with more candy!
- Cut powdered donut in half (see picture).
- Cut a piece of Fruit by the Foot horizontally and vertically.
- Place a Swedish Fish on the rounded part of half a donut and wrap with half a Fruit by the Foot.
- Place all candy sushi in a platter and enjoy with Hershey Syrup dipping sauce… aka soy sauce!